Originally Posted By: Orac
Sorry English is not my first language tense often gives me issues you will often see me use you instead of your as well because of the way it comes out when I translate what I want to say.

Thanks for explaining. That will make things clear to me in the future.

Originally Posted By: Orac

If you are the pmb I think you are you date to way back in that era as well and the term "relativistic mass" would have special meaning to you smile

Yep. That's me. The FAQ on relativistic mass was wrong and very misleading for a very long time. It took a lot of work and providing the FAQ maintainer, Don Koks, with lots of information and proof in order to get him to correct it. Now it accurately portrays relativistic mass as its used today.

I myself spent a great deal of time researching the concept and put the results of that research into a paper which is now online at the Cornell archive at arxiv.org/abs/0709.0687

But I wouldn't exact say that it had special meaning to me. I spoke up for it because there was such a huge amount of misinformation being spread around by people who had no clue as to its proper use and how widely used it is in modern relativity textbooks, SR and GR both.