ANYONE IN THIS FORUM TRAINED IN ECONOMICS?
==========================================
If so, are you aware of the work of Hazel Henderson?

If not, take a look at this info from the past (2003)
https://fp.auburn.edu/tann/hazel/index.htm

Reading this a decade ago helped me understand:
1. What I needed to know about the nature and function of money.
2. How this useful tool has been wrongly used to create the present debt-based fiat money system, which is no friend of democracy.
3. Why we desperately need a democratic monetary system.
4. Without it we will never have the freedom and justice all good-willed people, including the well off, crave.

A DIVIDEND-BASED SYSTEM, NOT DEBT-BASED ONE, IS WHAT WE NEED
============================================================
A dividend-based system is one that creates wealth, not debt. With it, the sub-prime mortgage crisis of 2008 would have been avoided. I said as much at the time.

It is no wonder that the term 'mortgage' literally means 'death pledge (gamble)'. And note how closely the term 'bond' is related to bondage.

A dividend system--as outlined in The Parable of the Three servants in Matthew 25--encourages people with money to invest it in helping people help themselves, not in placing them in bondage to debt.

By now, all readers of this thread ought to be aware that the fiat and debt-based system allows central banks to literally create and loan out money that they do not really have in their vaults?

The next time you borrow money to buy a car, or a home, ask your banker to give you a tour of the vault where the bank keeps all that paper cash they own and are prepared to loan you. Unless I miss my guess, I predict that they will refuse to do so. smile

However, if a miracle happens and they do honour your request, then ask them: Who created all that cash? Need I say more? By the way, I remember when each bank printed their own paper cash. Banks also promised to give you silver and/or gold for your paper. How come that all changed? Very interesting. Hmmm! Makes one wonder!

But be the above as it may, the Bank of Canada (BOC) is a convenient tool of the chartered banks--The Royal Bank, The Scotia Bank, The CIBC, and so on--of Canada.

In the USA, our American cousins have the Federal Reserve banking system. It is the tool of the commercial banks.

When the economy is booming both systems work relatively well. However, when thing go bust: who do you think is responsible for picking up the tab? Taxpayers. Any comments and questions?

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org