Bill S. "Impressive Aemilius...."

Thanks....

Bill S. "I wish I understood it...."

Anything in particular or just the whole thing? It really fits the definition of "Exploratory Research". I think paul summed it up.... I'm working the problem of "How much for how little?" I've been working on this (hobby status) for about fifteen years now. There were never any plans (all the schematic scale drawings came recently).... lots and lots of trial and error and endless hours of "freehand" fabrication of parts over the years to check out this or that arrangement has evolved over time into the current configuration.... I think it has some interesting properties.

paul "I really like that!

Thanks....

paul "look at all the work that is being done with what
appears to be a small amount of work. it takes a lot to change the momentum of a object
as is being shown in the video , the design does the work
it really builds velocity especially angular."

Right! It's bee engineered in such a way that the only resistance that must be overcome in order to cause immediate onset of relatively forceful rotation is the negligible resistance of friction offered by the slight back and forth motion of the main sun sprocket axel (equipped with bearings).

paul "have you recorded the speed of the outer weight?"

Not the outer weight particularly.... but I've clocked it as a whole at approximately/around 180 to 200 RPM. This is all after as few as fiteen or twenty very gentle periodic imbalancing displacements of the sun sprocket (that's timing it manually) past that it's difficult to accurately deliver the impulses effectively.

paul "now let it do that small amount of work , and you have
a pm mobile."

I don't know about perpetual motion (wouldn't mind if it turned out that way though!).... but it may have some applications for extracting rotational motion more efficiently from wind and wave and maybe a couple of other things too. As far as hooking up the output to the input goes, the cam controlled timing aspect of it (already installed but only partially visible in the video, not yet described) has to be connected to the control lever anyway so I'll find out.... the fun part!

paul "you can sell them."

Thought about that.... someone elsewhere mentioned it might make a good teaching aid too.... I don't really know yet how it'll end up.

Thanks for the welcome guys.... Emile