Originally Posted By: Paul
if you were thinking about newtons law of universal gravitation then you have the formula wrong.

your d*d should be r^2

Paul, do you know what r^2 is? r^2 = r*r
That's right I said exactly the same thing, except I used a different form and I used d instead of r, because I was looking at the distance between the 2 objects, instead of a radius, such as the radius of an orbit. For 2 objects the attraction between them is exactly the same.

One of your problems is that you are trying to make F=MA be the definition of force. It isn't. F=MA is the statement of how force, mass, and acceleration are related. Each of the components of the formula has its own definition. Keep in mind that I could say M = F/A, this is a perfectly valid mathematical manipulation of the formula, and properly applied will give a correct result. Would you now say that M=F/A defines mass? Based on your arguments you would have to do that.

Please do a little study on basic physics and realize that all of your arguments are completely wrong. They do not in any way accord with the way the world works. And the only thing that counts in science is if something works every time.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.