Originally Posted By: Ellis
TT- How about those realities that are induced by chemical states? Are they not real? Does not reality rely on perception for validation, no matter where it comes from.

Altered perceptions of reality do not make reality do they? If everyone believes the world is flat, and that belief creates the delusional experience of a flat world, does that make it so?
If an atom is 99,9999% empty space, then what does one see that is real?

Chemicals are a time honoured way of inducing alternate realities. The Delphic Oracle was high as a kite when she gave hr predictions and sayings, which were acted on by powerful people prepared to give them reality.

In the perceptions of reality what is seen, and what can be seen, might depend on the state of the mind and body.

What does an innocent child see of the world when there is no experience or understanding of the relative values that the adult has accepted, thru the programs and influences of those who have gone before the child, projecting what is defined as reality?
If physics tells us that what we see is what we choose to see, then is the underlying reality what we project, or is what we choose to project as our own illusion and interpretation based on the chemically produced state of mind that is our current state of awareness in consciousness?

You are familiar with three states of consciousness, sleeping dreaming and waking. Each of those states of consciousness can be defined by their subjective and objective experiences. What makes them similar to everyone is the broad perspective of similarities, yet no two people experience these states with the exact same experiences. Each individual has their own unique perspective.

In higher states of consciousness the individual perspective is going to be similar in the fact that each perspective of reality will still be inclusive of those relative belief systems and their objective experiences.

Even a drug induced experience which pierces veils of subjective determinations are rapidly fit within the walls of the established box of the ego and its ideal perception of itself, if those walls are not taken down and expanded beyond the level of the current state of mind and body that is the egoic waking state perception of reality.

Modern examples can easily be found. The numbers of people who share the realities of various gurus are everywhere.

Sharing perceptions of realities require the direct experience. Sharing beliefs requires no effort at all other than to accept the personal projection of another thoughts as they are interpreted thru the ego and the present nervous system.
There are plenty of people living in fear of the world's ending next month. For them the prediction is a reality and they have their well-stocked cellars to prove it.

Fear is created from illusions that are the projections of future moments initiated by the perceptions of reality in the limited awareness and understanding of reality. Pain and suffering is a condition that is subjective, and an attachment to the body-world.
Again.. if the atoms within the very things we see are 99.9999% empty space, what is feeling and thinking that it feels?

For them it may be reality-- but is it science?

What is science if not a subjective determination in what is real?

I feel the same way about the 'reality' of the science of will power. Can it be a science? I think not.
Science defined by who? Is science something that is measured and defined by man, or something defined by the objects and instruments made by man?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!