Originally Posted By: Revlgking
A friend sent me this example of what human willpower can do, when it is focussed. Amazing!
Is it, as he calls it, "the greatest human strength"?
Note that he does not use the term "animal" or, "psychological strength".
What kind of strength if not psychological or physical. How does one focus something that is not part of either the psychological function of the mind and its connection with the physical?

How is it that playing with the diablo is non psychological or connected to animal strength. What is animal strength? Is it something to be reckoned with and is it part or not part of being human? What is being human?

Originally Posted By: Revlgking

But staying on this science-based topic, may I ask: Do scientists, and others interested in science who are a part of this science forum, agree that the extensive research on "willpower ... ", by Roy Baumeister and his colleagues, has brought to humanity a valid and important new science?

You precede the question of whether it is science by stating that it is science based. Nice touch. Just how did you determine that?

But to answer your question: NO! Not as you present it.
What kind of science do you suppose it is? What is the focus on if it is not either psychological or animal strength?

What is will and how do you identify it as other than a thought?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!