Originally Posted By: Bill S.

Bill, I think the first thing you would have to clarify here would be: Is your mind finite or infinite?

I think that would be completely irrelevant. If the whole universe is in my mind I don't really have to have the whole universe. All I have to have is my interface with it. And that consists of what I can see, hear, and feel. That means that anything that I am not actually in contact with doesn't have to "exist". Everything that "exists" is what I am imagining. So it basically is a simulation. If you every played with a flight simulator on your computer then you realize that all of the things you see out the cockpit window aren't real. They are imaginary constructs built in the computer software. So the universe is the same way, it just exists as a simulation built in my mind.

So in a Descartian universe nothing exists that isn't imagined in the mind of the observer. Which then leads on to other philosophical conundrums. And it makes a lot more sense to decide to act completely as if the universe is real, not a construct of my mind.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.