Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Once again I find myself in general agreement, but would have to add that the infiniteness, or otherwise, of the universe is a physical question rather than a philosophical one.

Bill, I realize that you have an interest in infinity, but for my case I just can't get particularly interested in it. I know generically what infinity is, but the fact is that it doesn't really enter into anything that I am particularly interested in. As far as I am concerned everything that is within the scope of my interests can be counted. That includes such things as: rocks, planets, minutes, miles, degrees of temperature, megaparsecs, the age of the universe, and the size of the visible universe. The universe in and of itself may or may not be infinite. But since I can't observe anything beyond the visible universe it is of no consequence to me. I'm sure that there are some theorists who are very interested in the total size of the universe, but to me that is all philosophy, at least until somebody comes up with a way to measure it.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.