Originally Posted By: Orac
Then like any scientist give me an experimental way to measure this energy in the matter please?

I am just an outsider interested in physics; I am not a scientist. However, I have come up with a new hypothesis which I call a 'theory'.

My proposal is that the fundamental particle of matter should move at the speed of light in perfect vacuum, and the energy possessed by it is kinetic energy, and also that light is streams of such particles. So the natural energy of the fundamental particle or any body is equal to mc^2/2. Already there exist experiments required for proving this.

You can measure the finite speed of light. That indeed is the most vital experimental proof. To get the mass of the fundamental particle, you can use the experimentally determined values of the mass of neutron and the plank's constant, and deduce it from my 'proposed models of electromagnetic radiation and neutron'.

To confirm that the natural energy of an electron when formed is equal to mc^2/2, where 'm' is its mass, please refer to the mathematical proof explained earlier in this thread. It states that because energy is a quantifiable property of matter, the electrostatic energy used when two electrons touch each other is half of their total natural energy.

The internal energy of any atom can be exactly calculated using my model. However, the measurement of external energy is complicated. Even then, by measuring the lattice distance, it is possible to arrive at the energy possessed by atoms.