Originally Posted By: Orac
But energy is not a "feature" of matter at all?

Photons of light are not matter and they most definitely have energy for example.

I propose that energy is just one of 'the' qualities of the fundamental particles of matter, the other qualities being mass and volume. Surely such a proposal will have its implications in all areas of physics. One is that photons are made up of matter. I have worked out and verified nearly all aspects (as far as I can). Otherwise I would not have claimed it is a new theory.

Every thing made up of matter remains moving ; this is an observational evidence in favour of my proposal (but you may be explaining it another way). Photons consists of matter particles (you explain it in another way). And energy is not arbitrary; I have clearly stated that the natural energy of any body is mc^2/2 (Is this arbitrary?). What happens when energy gets transferred between bodies made up of fundamental particles is also an integral part of my theory; it creates potential states like 'charge' and 'heat'(again you may having other existing explanations for these).

Whether it is needed in science or not is not relevant here. Whether every observation can be explained based on this alternate concept is the only relevant factor. Science never says, "You should not propose anything new". Indeed it is an integral part of science; you propose something new, later it is verified, and if found correct, accepted.