Bill

I dont know how that one got messed up.
it was the way I entered the values into excell I
think.

but anyway I fixed the excell spreadsheet tonight and
using the earth / moon I get 1.012232144 km/s using the
semi major axis in the equation for the radius
and the orbital speed is 1.022 on the moon wiki page
so I suppose the equation is pretty close.

and that was using the below equation which cannot be
used for acuracy in an elliptical orbit

but it only makes sense to me that since all bodies in space have gravity if they have mass you would be better off not leaving out mass when calculating a orbit around a planet or moon or asteroid or whatever.

another spaceship perhaps.

I dont like the way you do it with the equation that only uses 1 mass.

and I believe that a equation that uses all masses involved would be the prefered equation , just because
people have settled for the equations that you use only shows that they are lazy and dont really care too much if a satellite falls back down in a few years or so or not.

anyway I dont know what those blobs are made of but if they are earth sized and orbiting the sun at such a close distance then they must be the cores of what was very large planets at one time.

I dont know what there orbital speed is but
I do know that on the average the more massive planets in our solar system are in much higher orbits , like jupiter saturn and neptune and that tells me something , and if these blobs arent very massive then they would need a high orbital velocity in order to orbit the sun in their current orbit.

because the slower moving blob would not have enough inertia in its motion to resist the pull on it from the suns gravity and it would be pulled into the sun.

earths gravity 9.8 m/s^2

suns gravity 274.4 m/s^2

have a look at jupiter saturn and neptunes mass and orbital speed.

jupiter os 13.07 km/s mass 1.8986×10^27 kg

saturn os 9.69 km/s mass 5.6846×10^26 kg

neptune os 5.43 km/s mass 1.0243×10^26 kg

the further out the orbit the slower there orbital speed.

so what it all boils down to is this , if a object does not maintain its orbital speed then the only way for that object to remain in that particular orbit is for the object to gain mass.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.