Originally Posted By: Bill
I'm not really surprised that there are natural sources of antimatter in the universe. We create antiparticles on a regular basis in our colliders, so when you think of the really energetic reactions taking place in and around black holes and white dwarfs and supernovae...................> I can't believe that such large amounts would exist without leaving traces that can be found in our observations.

Bill Gill

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Bill said
"I can't believe that such large amounts (of Anti-matter) would exist without leaving traces that can be found in our observations."

I do agree with you absolutely Bill. As you mention in the Physorg.com article, anti-matter should clump gravitationally together with itself, as does normal matter, and only be repulsive to normal matter?

Its the repulsive part that dos'nt quite make sense to me.
I always understood that when anti-matter came in contact with normal matter, there is a 99% release of energy, raw power, with no radio activity. Plus gamma rays .
Is that what the Physorg article means by repulsive? I dont think so.

Gerry Skinner, an astrophysicist at Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., stated these gamma rays apparently came from a cloud of antimatter roughly 10,000 light-years across surrounding our galaxy's core. This giant cloud shines brightly with gamma rays, with about the energy of 10,000 suns.

Thats a cloud of anti-matter surrounding our galaxy's core...? I am going to speculate here:-

A/ The am-cloud has been collected and is held in place by our galaxys Black Hole? Or
B/ The am-cloud is somehow produced by Black holes themselves, as evidenced by the visual production of Gamma rays coming from most Galaxy centers?

I know that anti-matter is a fact, as CERN can produce tiny amounts of it.
The tiny amount that we have to keep away from our normal matter, if we want to store it.

Now, my thoughts are:- "Produce anti-matter here on Earth, and it annihilates,.....but when its (produced?) within the vicinity of a Black hole, it survives" Very strange.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.