That's interesting.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qt-entangle/
contains a quote from Schroedinger:

"Schr?dinger coined the term "entanglement' to describe this peculiar connection between quantum systems (Schr?dinger, p. 555):"
"When two systems, of which we know the states by their respective representatives, enter into temporary physical interaction due to known forces between them, and when after a time of mutual influence the systems separate again, then they can no longer be described in the same way as before, viz. by endowing each of them with a representative of its own. I would not call that one but rather the characteristic trait of quantum mechanics, the one that enforces its entire departure from classical lines of thought. By the interaction the two representatives [the quantum states] have become entangled."

Was Schroedinger wrong? Is he being misinterpreted?

If entanglement is a hoax, it's a pretty widespread hoax. There are hundreds of papers on it.
If you think I'm too stupid to understand this stuff, I'm okay with that. If this is a hoax, then surely it must be debunked somewhere. Could you direct me to an authoritative source for this debunking?

I know that whenever science progresses that the pseudoscientists, frauds, new-agers, old-agers, mystics, and other obscurantists will attempt to hijack and misrepresent the science to demonstrate that their particular cult is valid. I agree that this is done with QM as well as other things. But I don't think that's what you're saying. You're saying - or seem to be saying pretty clearly - that entanglement is a hoax in itself.