Originally Posted By: Bill S.
I was certainly not questioning the translation of the glyphs, that would be totally outside my sphere of expertise.
Just because something is not your chosen sphere of expertise, one should always ask questions - and actively seek the correct answers.
I appreciate the opportunity to explain these astonishing findings.

However, it does seem that there is more than one stage in the extraction of information in this sort of situation. The two main stages appear to be translation and interpretation. The accuracy of the first must depend greatly on the expertise and care of the translator, while the second is very open to seeing what you want to see.
Regarding “The accuracy of the first must depend greatly on the expertise and care of the translator”
That is one of the main the points presented in the cited article.
It is clearly shown and easily observed by anyone (ie. non-experts) that the (‘expert’) translator (or his associated artist) has substituted glyphs - for what he thought Ani was trying to depict.

The original glyphs have NOT been reproduced accurately.
Hence translating the wrong glyphs will not give a translation of what Ani was originally saying.
Thus the original message portrayed by Ani was still not known at that time.

The second point you state of ‘seeing what you want to see’ is exactly of what the translator (or his artist) is guilty.
This is what Pegg and myself are pointing out.

Interpertation
Also, if the sun-disc glyph was originally depicting a ‘DVD, record, laser-disk, wheel, etc” THEN the context of either a ‘DVD, record, laser-disk, wheel, etc’ would have to be observed in subsequent and associated glyphs on the papyrus.
This is not the case. When these other options are put into a context, they do not produce complete results.
eg. Yes, a DVD does sit in a similar shaped ‘cradle in the side of a box’ and it is operated via ‘a mouse & cable’ as depicted in associated glyphs, but the following and associated descriptions given by the glyphs do not describe any DVD’s contents.

But when the context of a ‘compact disk’ interpretation is employed,
the associated 91 glyphs from Plate I, columns 1 & 2 of the Papyrus of Ani do in fact describe the use of three modern cd-roms in a computer, using a mouse and cable: They briefly describe the contents and some imagery from the Ancients cd-rom, the 1991 Persian Gulf War - Desert Storm from the Grolier cd-rom, and the 'Sun and Stars' from the RedShift2 cd-rom.
This was made known in the 2006 Egyptian Report

So using the context of the sun-disc as a compact disk (ie. a cd-rom) the surrounding 91 glyphs produce a fully self contained explanation.

BUT is just one papyrus showing evidence of modern computer technology all that is needed to prove Pegg’s case?
No.
Pegg, in his own works, shows additional proof.
In the Pyramid texts, Utterances 267, 273, 478, 600, he reveals where they are describing images from the three cd-roms.
Source: Pegg, R 2003, Ancient Chronicles Unsealed, PPHC, Adelaide.

In my 2006 investigations, I reveal where the stories regarding the mythical Gods of Heliopolis and the Funeral Bed vignette from the Book of the Dead are describing a series of pictures from the Ancients cd-rom.
Source: Pengelly, E 2006, A New Understanding - Egyptian Gods, PPHC, Adelaide.

For this reason I feel it is very important to include as much justification as possible for any interpretation.
That is why the latest article was written with comprehensive citations and actual depictions of glyphs from Sign Lists from noted reference books.
Also, there are printed books available in Australia that present and highlight my discoveries and findings, as well as certain web pages on the PPHC Study Group website.

Originally Posted By: kallog
What you've shown doesn't have a hole in the middle. A dot isn't a hole. it could be the axle of a wheel, or not even a picture of anything, or simply a place to put the needle of a compass used to draw the circle.
The physical size of the Papyrus is quite small.
The papyrus of Ani was found at Thebes, and was purchased by the Trustees of the British Museum in 1888. It measures 78 feet long by only 1 foot 3 inches high.
To put this into perspective, here are columns from Plate I (with 1 & 2 highlighted) against a 15 inch ruler.

So within the 15 inches, 2.5 inches are lost due to the coloured borders.
The red ‘sun-disc’ glyph is therefore about a quarter of an inch high - not much room to draw the hole so it is clearly visible.

Some glyphs do show the hole in the middle, some do not.
This one shows both…

This one shows a circle with a hole in it

These glyphs (and another) describe that the Grolier disk is partly green in colour.
Source: PPHC Study Group website, Member Area, pages Glyph_1 & Glyph_2

When these were investigated and revealed descriptions from two modern cd-roms, it was deduced that in many cases, the sun-glyphs without a hole clearly seen were also representing a compact disk.