I feel certain that if there was something sinister about the context in those snippets that they are circulating around the internet, then the denialists would include enough text to prove it. As it is they only put up equivocal phrases, such as where somebody has "deleted loads of emails, so have very little - if anything at all" of something.
If it were data, I'm sure we'd hear about it; even if it were data from some corrupted file, or outdated file, or....
Have you ever tried to send data to somebody with a different email browser. It can take several tries before you find the right trick to get a readable file.

If the context wasn't harmless, I'm sure they would have included it, but we can only speculate on what they deleted.
My guess would be somebody deleted emails ranting about what a pain in their aspirations that McIntyre guy is, but that guess is just based on some of the more complete emails I've seen.

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.