eccles wrote:
"The functionality of any utterance involves particular contexts."

Whist this is true, it is also true to say that many religious people allow no wavering in their construction of the image of God according to their particular dogma. Thus Rev-- who finds it hard to understand that I have not a personal image of God.

I can see evidence of many other people's vision of their gods, and some of them are amongst the most beautiful examples of art on our planet. But they are not a universal depiction of the divine. Some religions made no images of their gods, others see god in their surroundings and still others make multiple different images of multiple gods. The divinity of such beliefs relies on an implicit agreement between the adherents to that particular faith that such divinity exists. So I suppose if you decided to become 'The Godhead', and enough people thought you were, then you would be-- but only within the context of those adherents.

It all illustrates that the belief in god has, as you say, different contexts-- or I suggest, for me,-- lack of belief leading to no context at all.