What a given word means (beyond its specific dictionary meaning) is generally personal to the individual. By that I mean that we each have a sense of the subtleties of meaning of a given word, derived largely from our experience with that word (the contexts in which we have encountered it--these will not be the same for any two persons).

As a result, we often run into these differences of opinion about meaning that really cannot be resolved--it is a part of the ambiguity inherent in human language.

That said, I do not comprehend your criticism of my definition of "dogma." Since you do not offer your own, I am, in addition, not able to comment.

In my opinion ideologies are unfailingly more harmful than good. While you point out a possible utility to operating within an ideological framework, I think the disadvantages that are so obvious--that ideological systems limit and direct our thought processes and serve to close minds and, even worse, to encourage people to invent unfortunate theories ("evil") about those who think differently, will, in all cases,prevail.

It is much better to try to identify the ideological aspects of our views and root them out. Even an ideological framework that is entirely beneficent (such as the original Buddhism) on its surface has these negative consequences when not kept at arm's length.