Quantum mechanics, by definition, involves a state known as indeterminate. Indetermine is either +1, 0, nor -1.
REP: Recently I read message saying that there can be a state below the ground state of Hydrogen.I knew it was not sensible. But are we sure of it? and if yes why?
The observed consistency of current theroy can be attributed to high probability of some other fundamental rule. When protons can live together then why cant the electrons live a little closer to the nucleus? Was there ever a change in the fundamental constants which would have shifted the orbit?(in a recent article , it was mentioned that some fundamental constants might have changed over a period of time.)And if so what does it take to change the constants?
===========================================
The point of Schr?dinger's Cat is a thought experiment. I've never met anyone in physics that took it as seriously relating to cats.
REP: The thought experiment was very serious in its own period and even today people refer to it in order to explain the Collapse of indeterminate qunatum state into a known measured event.
===========================================
For one thing that cat being conscious knows whether it is alive. And the last time I checked the universe gave no special value to human consciousness over that of cats or any other sentient being.
REP:I am talking about Qunatum States and I do not intend to bring the human machines into the discussion.However it is a good analogy.The measurement forces the nature to take its decision whether the it exists or not.This decision is probabilistic in nature.And the indeterminancy is related to unknowable nature of the measurement event but not regarding the possible outcomes of a measurement.Once measured the result set belongs to a known set of values.
Probability is based upon the known definition of ouput events.All the possible output events must be known(either in the form of equation or in its discreet nature)
If the known event defintion is itself an approximation then the probability of an event can vary over a period of time and something outside Qunatum derived result set can also occur.
============================================
My question was
Are all the possibilities known?
How much of flexibility should be allowed in the Physics?
If everything is possible then possibly we are left with discovery of methods to make that everything possible.
(That includes Universe Creation.. and some are already doing it!!)