See what I mean...

Quote:
i'm sorry that i choose to trust those with credentials rather than the 'basement geniuses.'

You dont have to trust anybody with credentials all you have to do is get that physics book out of the basement and dust it off open it up to the section on FRICTION.

Or if you have already gave the book away here is a excerpt from a website that might refresh your memory.

http://webphysics.davidson.edu/faculty/dmb/PY430/Friction/rolling.html

Quote:
the major source of energy losses during rolling motion is primarily due to the deformation that occurs when the two surfaces are compressed and relaxed. This continual process generates heat in both the wheel and the surface.

You have read about it , thousands of normal people have seen it.
you know its there , yet you continue to doubt that it is generating heat...why?

you strike out at those who are smarter than yourself , this is a trait of those who cant understand something or are not willing to understand something.

then you refer to these individuals as if they are the ones who have some sort of brain dissorder or problem.

if you dont KNOW that heat is generated when a steel ball
rolls on a track such as the finsrud then you DONT KNOW physics.

yet you insist that you are right and everybody else is wrong
GROW UP ANNOYING CHILD.

Quote:
and believes that the laws of nature can be broken...

Nature didnt make ANY LAWS ... people made the LAWS of physics / science ( or nature? .... I havent heard that one yet).

sad to say , people like yourself did it , Dont blame the falsities of man on nature.

you say many have tried and failed , well what I see here is that you have tried and failed to look smart.

the fact that the finsrud is generating heat must really tear at your brain , you think ... how is it possible that this thing is generating heat and has no energy source to generate that heat from...

you think ... did I miss something in school?
No ... something in school was deliberately left out...

Quote:
when you go to argue about science without understanding it on the same level which the opposition does, you sound like an annoying child.

you seem to be the one who doesnt understand , and you might think you are being mean to me , but in reality it is yourself that you are being mean to.

hopefully I will never aquire your level of inteligence.

you know if scientist ever did achieve as much energy from fussion reactors as the tiny amounts that has been produced by the finsrud.
that would have been seen and advertised as an amazing progress.

billions of taxpayer dollars have been wasted on fusion yet they keep on trying and havent ever produced near the
amount of energy it takes to opperate the reactors.

ever wonder why?
the same reason something was left out in school.

billions...

Last edited by paul; 04/19/08 02:40 AM.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.