G'day Samwik,

I have to disagree with a great deal of your comments. The "prodigious" comment I can live with and is certainly accurate. As I've often said, I type fast and it is only when I am able to have to the time to proof what I've written that I can get it down to better sizes.

But I think you need to look at the video again. This is not a video but stop motion animation made up from photographs. It is much more obvious what the "soot clouds" or whatever you'd like to call them are when you look at the video frame by frame. They are clearly clouds. But the photos used are not close enough together in time to actually show the tracking of the clouds. So you get a snapshot of a darkish mass over the lower reaches of Russia and then another mass a bit further north. By this time the weather system may still exist by the clouds have broken up, reformed, become much thicker, thinned out, etc, etc.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but the movement of everything but the ice expansion and retreat, is of no value for anything at all. At least we must think somewhat alike. I was going to mention the apparent reversing of wheels but, hey, the post was already too long.

In order to be of any use in displaying the movement of clouds, polluted or not, you would need photos much closer together in time than these, probably no more than a three or four hours apart each frame. That would make the video very very large indeed.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness