C'mon, now, that's Yellow Journalism if I've ever seen it. She's a woman with a mission, no boubt about that, but to really appreciate how strongly those woman are oppressed in the Islamic World, you have to go there. It took me about 6 weeks to go from the Pakistani-Indian border to Istanbul in 1972. Aside from an Irish girl in Kabul, I didn't see a woman's CALF in all that time. And when I did, it almost blew me away. She was getting out of a taxi in Istanbul, I'll never forget it.

And the thing is, the women don't even know how suppressed they are, it's the only thing they know.
If you get a chance, have a read of the Life of Muhammad written by Ibn Ishaq 100 years after the Prophet died. You may have to visit a University Library, I think it's no longer in publication. Muhammad was far from the "Christlike" figure that Muslim Scholars would have us believe. Apparently there are four Rules of Jurisprudence regarding the treatment of Infidels (Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians, Hindus, Bhuddists)as mandated by Muhammad. As I recall they were Death, Slavery, Ransom or Release. Release is heavily frowned upon by Allah, but nothing exhalts the Almighty Allah quite like Death by Beheading. Muhammad himself once sanctioned the beheadings of between 600 and 900 Male members of the Quariza, a tribe of Jews. The Women and Children were enslaved and Muhammad himself purchased a nubile young woman named Ryana. The men were lined up next to a long trench where their heads were deposited, with the women and children forced to watch. Yes it's hard to picture Jesus doing anything like that.

For years Mulim leaders have struggled trying to live up to the standards set by Muhammad. The founder of the Mughal Empire, a short-lived "Empire" that stretched as far Northern Pakistan and India, Babur, is today regarded as a paragon of Muslim Tolerance. After ransacking the city of Iberian Toledo, he had all the heads cut off all Infidels who had been captured or had surrendered, and had a tower built of their skulls. Boy, I'll bet Allah was impressed!

If "Fervor" is a measure of any given religions authenticity, then Islam wins, hands down, fughedabadit. Log on to a site called "BEHEADING EUGENE ARMSTRONG" if you don't believe me. He was a 54 year old American Construction Contractor captured in Baghdad a few years back. Be warned, it's not for the faint-of-heart. And don't have a small child peering over your shoulder at the monitor.

Last edited by Wolfman; 08/04/07 10:17 PM.