Originally Posted By: redewenur
Well, DA, at least recycling is guaranteed!

I must say I am surprised at the range and number of semi-serious and thoughtful replies. I was'nt really expecting any.
You are so right Blacknad, wherever we go, what ever we do, its up to us to make our lives interesting.

That why I feel sorry for Daniel, since after he has waited for his 5.6+ billion years, there is no guarantee that he will be recycled as himself, or even know himself.
So, I've decided to help him return to this Forum as quick as possible, with very little waiting time involved.
I have found a Company which will let him/us take, preserve, and keep our own DNA, for just a few dollars.
Or, one could put a few drops of your own blood (White cells are pure DNA) into a glass vial, and have it stored in one of the seed banks that are being set up around the world, with your name engraved on it.
So much cheaper than whole body Cryogenic freezing, dont you think?
Lets assume we can all 'come back' after a thousand years., what are the possibilities that there will be Hell on an overcrowded Earth? Or a Utopia?
Or prehaps, us Scienceagogo'ists will be the only ones left around,....to meet again check below.

http://www.dna-worldwide.com/DNA-Storage-Kit-Store-your-genetic-makeup-forever?category=3

--------------------
"You will never find a real Human being - even in a mirror." .....Mike Kremer.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.