Quote:
Originally posted by trilobyte:
Blacknads, you need to try a bit harder than that.

Forming a woman from a rib isn't evolutionISM..that is quite clear.

As to being literal...even the Gospels claim a literal Adam:
Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,
etc...
Adam,
God.

Perhaps you could point out from the llist above where the list went from real people to make believe people....or you could simply retract your anti-bible opinion and announce that you were wrong.
Your logic fails you. To say that the scriptural picture of creation may not be literal is not the same as saying there is no person referred to as Adam. Some theologists think that Adam was the first person to evolve a full capacity for moral comprehension. Also the genealogy uses a convention where only significant characters were named. There may be thousands of generations missing, yet YECs use this to date the earth. How utterly absurd.

I would love evolution to be false and leave us with no recourse but to see God's creative act. But I am reasonable enough to accept that things don't always turn out as I want.

Will you stop bringing the Bible into what is essentially a scientific matter?

If you really understood genetics and had real and solid doubts that mutation cannot lead to complex systems then people here would respect that.

But we all know that you are driven by your interpretation of the Bible.

Can't you understand that people here can only see this in terms of wanton ignorance and intellectual dishonesty?

Blacknad.