First, Fallible, this was not thread of Evolution vs. Creationism. I won't go into detail (because my long post in the "Genesis is NOT possible" thread covers it in detail), but I certainly believe that scriptural fact can coincide with scientific fact.

The original point of the discussion was, in fact, the relationship of belief and faith between science and religion.

My hope was to point out the absurdity of the combative nature of the opposing sides of this issue.

Historically, in both science and religion, men have created absolute standards which they insisted were true or correct, but were little more than belief, typically based on some observable data. While much of what has come in the past has given us the building blocks for what we know, or believe we know, today, nearly every absolute has eventually been proven wrong.

I have no qualms with intellectual debate, and in fact enjoy it a great deal, but much of what goes on in these forums is little more than a Clash of Titanic Egos, all certain in their own absolutes.

I would propose that nearly everyone go back and re-read what they have written in the past. I believe many of you will be able to find your own vanity, vitriol, and even cruelty.

I see very little intellectual debate, and a great deal of verbal bashing akin to the acts of cavemen.

In the end, rightness matters little if we lack the simple capacity for civility and kindness.

"It is better to believe than to disbelieve. In so doing, you bring everything to the realm of possibility." - Albert Einstein, physicist