Quote:
Originally posted by paul:
"not just reasons that have been used in the past by people who have closed minds."

If men were now only to rely on what is now a scientist for information , then he would not have a correct supply of information because what a scientist believes is sort of controlled by other scientist beliefs and what he is paid to not tell or to withold.

so in my opinion a truthfull thought/opinion is better than a thought/opinion from an oppressed scientist.

Sad but True...
how is what a scientist believes controlled by other scientist. In order to be a scientist, you have to learn to ask quetions, something that religious leaders dont want. So if you dont believe something you ask yourself why, and then you find out what evidence is there one way or the other. If what you believe is wrong, then you have a good chance of finding out why. If what you believe is true, then you can find evidence to back up your beliefs, then you use that evidence to convience others. If your beleifs are controlled by another, then what you have is by definition, a religion.

now as to the possiblity that man lived in the sea that coveres 3/4 of the world, please explain how man would live beneith the sea level and still be a man, unless he was brought here by aliens who built a massive underwater city for him to live in.

to use your analogy of the terrorist and the city.

i go to a city to check it out. i check out 1/4 of the city and cant find them. I look at the other 3/4 of the city and i see water. deep water. water so deep that if a man was at the bottom of it, he would not have to worry about drowning, because he would have not lungs, because they had been crushed. I see a small (10 percent) of it that could have under water caves, so i use under water equipment that can find them.

If the terrorist are there, they would be hiding in the shallows or they would be in huge domes that would make them very obvious or they are living in ships that can be found, or they are not human. Knowing that there are suppose to be terrorist hiding there, i set up equipment that will show if anyone approaches the shore.

now either i did not search the 1/4 of the city that was within my reach, or i did not yet have the equipment to find those subs or cities, because they had better science than me, or the terrorist were not in the town at all, but came from somewhere else.

If man was hiding in the sea for all the time that it took for him to become man, who brought him there, and who's science hid him from us.

here is your chance to prove that god (or aliens) existed. prove man was hiding in the ocean at depths that he could not have survived without either god or the aliens.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.