G'day Tim,

So Gandhi has no place in heaven? And I guess suicide bombers do because they have been promised a place. And what about all those poor souls that have been on this planet for many thousands of years before they knew about Christianity or even God in the Christian form. That doesn't seem fair. So I think you've established that Gandhi would miss out, as would quite a few others that have done saintly things while on earth but didn't even know there was a Christ and you've also established that Jeffrey Dahmer, Al Bundy and Adolf Hitler are in Heaven because before they died they all accepted Christ. I'm not sure I want to be a member of a "club" that accepts the very worst of humanity simply because they believe.

If God is infinite and being God it must be, how does it create a finite universe at some point? If God was there forever, that means the time before the creation of a universe was infinite. If it was infinite then the creation of the universe could not occur.

However, if the universe is infinite, then God could not have created it because there is no "before" for the universe.

All of this sounds good but there is a flaw. God could be infinite and has created an infinite number of universes at regular (or even irregular intervals). Heaven would also have to be infinite because there would be an infinite number of beings in it, even if only a very few managed to get in for each universe created. Unless of course those souls only managed to go to heaven for the life of their particular universe. But that sort of says that God is happy to destroy absolutely those that have been rewarded by going to Heaven.

By the thinking you expressed, that the universe is finite and was created by God, then God must be finite as well or God has created an infinite number of universes which sort of puts a whole in your statement that the universe is finite. Of course if God is not infinite then it isn't much of a God - more like a Greek or Roman one.

All of this is to just point out that logic you used has the odd flaw. I see nothing wrong with having a God and an infinite universe. I don't see any proof for it but hey, if there was absolute proof of God, your idea that only those that believe go to heaven would be pretty lame. Faith is the belief in something in the absence of proof. If you want to attempt to prove the existence of God, I would suggest you don't have the faith to believe in God. That nicely leaves you out of heaven.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness