"After the tower of Babel, God scattered all the people living to other parts of the earth. That is the reason why so many cultures and religions have the same stories, although thousands of years have changed them somewhat. That is why there are cultures in Africa that have never even seen an outside human being before have a story of a global flood although they have never been contacted by other people."

Come on ! Give me a break ! I am constantly amazed by people's lack of judgement, but this is a bit too much. We're not kids, you know...

"But you must realise that all such writings whether post or ante-dating the bible are obviously the work of satan or somesuch."

Just a quick reality check: you were being ironical, Eduardo, right ?

"Do you really mean that you trust what wikipedia has to say? And what does the Council of Nicaea have to do with anything? And what does the "lost books" have to do with anything; they were probably literature written that was and is not cannonized or thought as inspired by God or have not been fully preserved. And yes, some were quoted in the Bible like the book of Jashar and the book of Enoch. And what does the Biblical canon have to do with anything?"

Let me get this straight: you show this guy that his religion was totally man-made, and that the "holy book" was actually carefully selected from texts that do not connect to each other very much, and you show him that part of the same culture on which the Bible was based was actually banned because they gave a more realistic and objective view of the historical circumstances, and he states there's nothing wrong with that. Thumbs up, buddy ! Way to go !

"O how great God is"
You know what, just take those medications this time, and I'm sure you'll fell much better in a few days.