Quote:
Dehammer,

I know many Christians in the UK and not one of them believes they have the right to force anyone to believe anything. For a start, they are simply not stupid enough to think that enforced belief actually IS belief, or that it has any value.
there is a wide spectrum of people in the belief here. we have everyone (or so it seems) from those who can get along with people of all beliefs to those who are not nearly as smart as those you mention. Although, i really believe its more stubbornness than stupidness.

Quote:
I know the people you are talking about exist but in my experience they are the tiny minority. I do have suspicions though that the American Christian is more likely to be a less reasonable creature. Don't know whether that is true or if so why it is.
small but very vocal. part of the problems is that there are so many of them and human behaviour runs the full guantlet with them too. smart to stupid, stubborn to flexible, tolerant to very intolerant, its all there. no matter what someone believes, there is some other christian that will tell them they have the correct answer to the problem.

Quote:
We don't have a big problem over here with single issue Christians like your anti-abortionists or your creationists or your gay haters etc. America, however, seems to be able to churn them out by the bucket load. I cringe every time I see one of your Tele-Evangelists. If I didn't find them so excruciating, I would watch them for the sheer comedy value.

Blacknad.
it would be funny if they were not so serious and painfull about it all.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.