Quote:
Originally posted by dehammer:
seriously ive known many of these type people. they believe it is their god ordered right and responsiblity to force everyone into believing it. well, at least some of them really do believe that.
Dehammer,

I know many Christians in the UK and not one of them believes they have the right to force anyone to believe anything. For a start, they are simply not stupid enough to think that enforced belief actually IS belief, or that it has any value. I don't even know of any personally who believe they have the right to talk about their beliefs with someone who doesn't want to listen.

I know the people you are talking about exist but in my experience they are the tiny minority. I do have suspicions though that the American Christian is more likely to be a less reasonable creature. Don't know whether that is true or if so why it is.

We don't have a big problem over here with single issue Christians like your anti-abortionists or your creationists or your gay haters etc. America, however, seems to be able to churn them out by the bucket load. I cringe every time I see one of your Tele-Evangelists. If I didn't find them so excruciating, I would watch them for the sheer comedy value.

Blacknad.