jjw004 asks:
"If some super thing wanted to create life would not that thing plant the seeds of life everywhere?"

If there was a shred of evidence that that something existed I'd agree with you ... partially. Here's why.

If something of infinite intelligence existed and made a decision to create life it wouldn't seed the universe with building blocks, per se. It would create physical constants such as pi, c, alpha, etc. that by their very nature would endow physics and chemistry with the ability to create those chemicals and thus to create life. No question about it.

But look at the topic I wrote: "Another nail in the coffin of life by design." That isn't life by design ... that is physics by design. That is string theory by design. Quantum mechanics by design. Life just becomes an inevitable consequence.

But here's where the idea of an infinitely intelligent deity breaks down.

If you can, through physics and chemistry create a universe as we see it today ... then there is no need for the designer. Occam's Razor cuts far sharper than the dull axe Rose wields around here. If I can create the entire universe without a designer ... then the designer is not necessary to explain anything ... and by extension does not exist except as it intentionally imposes its will upon its human subjects. And the examples of that, so far recorded in human history, have been bloody: A mixture of genocide, torture, rape and property destruction. If that's all that the deity is able to do ... I'd cut its throat in a second.

DA Morgan