-Sounds like long strings of scientific sounding jargon strung into meaningless phrases-

Remindes me of when I found the same affect in Black Elk's narratives. He's a Native American Medicine Man. He talks exactly that way, incorrporating bits of scientifc jargon with his own wisdom gained from personal experience.
He's had many experiences with spirits or he believes he's had these experiences.

I read his book a while ago and I don't have it with me, but I remember him describing a group of scientists wanting to study his spiritual ways. But when they studied his sweat lodge, they didn't have the same reverence and wanted to make substitutions to materials that his people had always used. In the interest of time and convienance almost every bit of material was substituted and the whole sweat tent was done half-assed. He was such a peaceful man and describing this experience he didn't seem angry, just aware of the disrespect to the spirits, almost like he understood the people couldn't help thier ignorance. Culture clash I guess. I think the scientists were pleasent and curious people, but it seemed to me they disrespected Black Elk and his people more than the spirits.

~Justine~