I doubt this topic will find much favor, or interest with the members so I will elaborate a little before it fades away. Our western world concept of God comes to us primarily from the Biblical record. It speaks from a burning bush, privately on a mountain top, travels in a cloud by day any appears as a light by night. It chooses a group of humans to carry out murder and genocide against its neighbors and after various killings and poisonings offers the chosen the escape from Egypt ? only after telling the chosen to borrow (steal) jewels and animals from the Egyptian?s before they leave Egypt. It is unable to easily communicate directly with its followers very well so a special Ark must be made to convey the signals. Most of the miracles, other than killing ?enemy? soldiers, take the form of natural phenomena, like parting water, and such.

I can accept there is logic to a superior being that creates but not one that is bent on destruction simply for personal attention. We can recognize this as an all too human trait and not what one would expect of a superior life form. If this life form deceived humans into submission it would have been due to some superior science it possessed which appeared like magic to humans.

I do not intend to demean the beliefs of others but this my take on the subject.
jjw