Amaranth,

I've got to ask. What is "Not quite science"? I would have thought this is a political discussion and thus not science at all. I would have thought not quite science is for science that has little or really no backing but is interesting in its own right. By the same token, the shower curtain effect, to me, is straight science. It might not be earth shaking but it is not "not quite science" but rather a discussion on the scientific principals of an everyday occurrence. What could be more "science" than that?

Since this is a science forum, religion and origins seems to have its little niche in the origins forum but pure politics, racism, religion as a topic to argue etc, doesn't seem to me to be not quite science. Rather it isn't really anything to do with science unless someone has a sociological or anthropological take on it, such as that research that demonstrated that human brains are wired to believe in illogical things.

I'd really like to know what is it that makes the cut and what shouldn't, such as this thread.

Of course, this post is off topic and not science but it is about the operation of this site, and aside from a private message there is no where else to post it.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness