I've let this go for awhile without comment and now I'll jump back into the fray:

Rusty ... your comments are on the mark with the exception that you misunderstood one of my statements: Let me clarify.

Are we so sharply divided today? No. But we have been for the vast majority of our species existance. And during that time developing intelligence and consciousness were not necessarily traits that got your genes promoted into the future. Look at an ant colony or bee hive. What would happen if they suddenly found themselves in a different environment. Would all the workers and drones suddently become capable of the kind of consciousness and organization that the queen must exercise? Seems highly unlikely.

Dogrock ... the weak only inherit the earth in fairy tales. Many people pay taxes ... only a few tax them.

Rob ... to restate what you wrote: Consciousness belongs to the alpha. The pawns are just there to throw themselves into the fray and sacrifice for the king. They need to be big, strong, and stupid. Likely they would be watching the SuperBowl and drinking beer.

Justine ... with all due respect ... what is going thru his mind ... Paris Hilton ... and what's going thru her mind ... Brad Pitt ... are probably best left unshared. And yes Paris Hilton. We all know men are dogs (that's right read thru to what I am thinking beyond the literal words).

DA Morgan