Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 204 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32337 10/17/09 08:38 AM
E
Eduardo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Just got back from 3 years in Papua.

Can I ask if there are still any christians or republicans on this site denying human induced climate change?

I haven't had a flame war with a retard in SUCH a long time...

Yours in anticipation...

Eduardo
Resistance is futile. Capacitance is efficacious.
There are 10 types of people in the world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Eduardo #32343 10/17/09 10:26 PM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
retard

hmmm

Thats about the sickest post I've read lately.
This forum has changed in the 3 years that you have been gone , and most if not all of the anti human influenced Climate Change members have stopped posting.

I dont think that pointing at Christians and Republicans is a wise thing to do because everybody is guilty of Global Warming even if you dont even light a match.

the Religion or political party one belongs to has nothing to do with Climate Change.

other than that welcome back.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #32344 10/17/09 11:33 PM
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
"the Religion or political party one belongs to has nothing to do with Climate Change'.

.... But it may influence one's PERCEPTION of Climate Change.

Ellis #32347 10/18/09 12:29 AM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
But it may influence one's PERCEPTION of Climate Change

You mean if the Preacher tells his congregation that these are the signs of the End Times and we should welcome these times because the End is Near.

God gave us a brain to think with , if we choose to allow others to lead us around blindly without using our brains well I dont believe that that is the reason God gave us that brain.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #32401 10/24/09 07:28 AM
E
Eduardo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: paul
Thats about the sickest post I've read lately.

You don't get out a lot do you Paul!

Eduardo
There are 10 types of people in the world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
paul #32402 10/24/09 08:03 AM
E
Eduardo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: paul
God gave us a brain to think with

No he didn't, we evolved it...aren't we clever!

BTW, Paul...How is that perpetual motion/free energy machine you were convinced you had invented coming along?

lol

Eduardo
Eduardo #32413 10/25/09 12:38 AM
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Actually with the perception thing I was thinking about which political party one belonged to being an influence.

There are parties whose whole manifesto centres on the idea that we need to consider the prospect of Climate Change and it's influence on us. Other political parties (at least in this country), are trying to ignore the possible unpleasant results of CC, even to the extent of denial in some cases.

The End of the World it may be, but I don't believe it's God's doing.

Eduardo #32418 10/26/09 02:10 AM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
BTW, Paul...How is that perpetual motion/free energy machine you were convinced you had invented coming along?

It's as far along as I could get it , given there was / is no financial help from anywhere.

I am now focusing on solar heating and geo-thermal cooling in order to lower my bills so that some day I will have enough extra cash to continue the testing and data gathering of the test.

as of the last test , I had maximum flow through the pump that was using recycled fluid at 1 atm pressure.

given the resistance the pump had at the discharge end , the pump was achieving 100% effeciency if not greater.
it was discharging more fluid connected to the test model than it would have discharged if not connected to anything.

and the longer it would run the faster the rotor would rotate.

which tells me that there was excess pressure building up in the fluid that entered the rotor.

as I allowed the pump to run the rpm of the pump went beyond the pumps rated rpm.

this tells me that there was a suction comming from the fluid inside the rotor as well that caused the pump to turn faster and faster.

my next test will be to see if it can support a generator
and to see if I can get more electricity from it than I am using to run the pump.

I already know that it will due to the overunity or max output + coming from the pump.

if that pans out then I will build a generator into it and run the pump with the generator.

and if that works out , I will remove the pump and just use a motor / generator to initialy spin it up.

then drain off the electricity into a battery stack.

of course that will take decades at the rate I am able to afford to work at.

perhaps if we had a Dept of Energy that really did fund energy efficient inventions that would speed things up a bit.

Eduardo #32425 10/26/09 09:50 PM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Whats the chances that you might have to go back to where you were for a few more years?

I bet they really miss you there , dont you?

LOL

paul #32455 10/31/09 12:24 AM
E
Eduardo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
That's what I like about you, Paul...

Always so quick on the uptake

lol

Eduardo
Eduardo #32471 10/31/09 02:27 PM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
ed

its not that Im quick , ed
its that your slow , your one line comments , LOL

you are a very deep person , ed

paul #32602 11/11/09 03:11 AM
A
A
The power of the sun and moon on the tides is big, I mean really big. The same force will be exerted on a tank of water standing on a pivoted platform. the pressure that comes and gos could somehow be harnessed to drive power generators. or maybe I am just dreaming as usual.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.