Set of 10 Medium Sized UV Short Wave Reactive Fluorescent Mineral Rock Specimens For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Set of 10 Medium Sized UV Short Wave Reactive Fluorescent Mineral Rock Specimens:
This fluorescent mineral specimen set has a great variety of UV reactive rocks/minerals. The 10 medium sized minerals included with the set measure approximately 1 to 2 inches or more in length. Most are nice sized chunks, but some run a little thinner than others.
The specimens vary but commonly included minerals are: Willemite, Fluorite, Calcite, Chalcedony, and Hydrozincite.
Fluorescence of minerals of the same type can vary depending on the location it was extracted from. For example, you may receive 3 different calcites; one may fluoresce blue under shortwave light while another fluoresces red or yellow. Examples of common minerals included are shown in the pictures. All mineral rocks are identified with a label and are bagged individually.
ALL the rocks in this set WILL glow with the proper shortwave (254nm) light. We test the fluorescence of all rocks before shipping them. You will NOT receive any rocks that do not glow! If all you have is a blacklight FLASHLIGHT, these rocks are NOT for you! You MUST have a fluorescent bulb filtered SHORTWAVE (254nm) UV light to see these colors! ATTENTION: TYPICAL BLACKLIGHTS WILL NOT DISPLAY ANY COLOR. YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD MINERAL LAMP. Also, the intensity of the color will vary depending upon the strength of the lamp that you have. We do NOT recommend using a "wand" type shortwave lamp, nor any longwave or "blacklight" lamp for these rocks, as they may NOT show satisfactory (or any) color with those inferior lamps.
- Quantity of 10 different fluorescent (UV Sensitive) Minerals/Rocks
- Medium Sized - Most measure approx. 1 to 2 inches in length
- 90% of fluorescent rocks require a shortwave UV lamp; only 10% react to longwave ultraviolet radiation
- Each specimen is labeled with its identification and location it was extracted from
- Commonly included minerals: Variations of Willemite (Green/White under sw), Fluorite(Blue/Purple under sw/lw), Calcite (Blue, Orange, Red, Yellow, or White under sw & Pink under lw), Chalcedony (Green under sw), and Hydrozincite (Blue under sw) - Colors are demonstrated in product images