Mercedes Unimog FLU419 For Sale
Mercedes Unimog FLU419:
Mercedes Unimog FLU419. 600 miles. I have had this truck for over 3 years. I have put over 100 miles, and about 20 hours on it. Engine, transmission, front and rear buckets operate properly.
I have a black rim and tire. The yellow rim is just temporary.
Replaced both shifter cups, clutch master cylinder, and batteries.
First start of the day. 28 degrees ambient.
Operating on highway to 55 mph.
I don't believe it has been thru rebuild. There is not a rebuild tag next to the VIN label.
None of the hoses leak. The left side stabilizer leg slightly leaks when it is in transition, but no other cylinders. The stabilizer holds itself in the stowed position. As far as i know, they are hoses all original.
Tires maintain pressure. I don't remember the last time I had to add air. All are original.
I replaced the shifter cups, shift cylinder for the 4x4, and the clutch master cylinder. This one was one of the few that I have bought that did not need the brake master cylinder replaced. Brakes are strong. All other work was minor, or adding fluid and grease to fittings.
Things I know need attention.
- Small air leak somewhere on the front axel when tin 4x4. 4WD will engage, but I can hear air leaking.
- Differential switch will not go into final "full lock" position. Most likely cause is corrosion in the valve, or it may be jammed with something.
- Front bucket levers are too tight. What I mean is moving one level, moves the other. The can be operated independently, but one lever has to be held.
- To put this machine to work, I would put this items as a higher priority.
- Heater blower motor runs, but no heat is produced from box.
- Hydraulic tool switch is rusted. I have not verified tool function.
- At the control station for the backhoe, there are two switches. One is for the front bucket, and the other is for the engine. Both switches are inop. They seem to be corroded 'in place."
This all that I can think of.
I would drive it 3 hours if it had new tires, or if i had a spare or two. Tires are fine, but they are original. Engine, transmission, and differentals are in great shape. No concerns there.