Re: not really...
Posted by Amaranth Rose on Apr 04, 2002 at 08:42
Re: not really... (y)
Around here, people get very vicious and savage about different people posting on the same IP. They have driven several people away that used to share my location. The savagery and intensity of bludgeoning were breathtaking.
Of course, there is always the possibility that they were only doing it because of my female persona, and they try to drive away women in general. Or had you noticed the interesting and very lop-sided ratio of male:female on this board?
This site used to have a lot to offer; now, all it has is tripe, and lint, and line-pickers who think they are engaging in Science. At one time this was a place where high school and younger students could come and ask questions regarding things like Physics problems and ask fo suggestions for Science Fair projects, and be treated with courtesy and respect. The last person who came asking a Science Fair question got slammed. I won't allow my tutoring students to post here. I don't consider the atmosphere to be appropriate. It's off limits. Besides, they would be posting from my computer, with my IP nuber, and the howls would be raised loud and long.
Best to stick to one name, with this bunch. They have neither the manners nor the imagination to deal with anything else.
On the other hand, if you get away with it, I shall expect to do the same. After all, Fair's fair. This is a Science Forum, after all, not a good old boys club.
- If silence is golden... Bubba 05/4 17:33 (1)
- Well, don't ask me Amaranth Rose 05/4 17:59 (0)
- Re: not really... y 04/4 10:37 (14)
- Re: not really... mara 09/4 14:33 (0)
- Re: not really... Amaranth Rose 04/4 14:02 (12)
- Re: not really... y 05/4 07:19 (11)
- Re: not really... anyman 05/4 15:29 (9)
- Re: not really... y 09/4 11:07 (0)
- And what did I tell you? Amaranth Rose 05/4 17:09 (7)
- I've no desire to be pilloried by the line pickers.... Amaranth Rose 05/4 12:40 (0)
- Re: not really... Dale 04/4 09:58 (6)
Post a Followup