Re: ranking risks rationally
Posted by DA Morgan on Mar 04, 2002 at 19:12
Re: ranking risks rationally (bobbapink)
The problem with the charts is that they are just statistics. The devil is in the interpretations.
Is cancer a risk? Yep. Heart disease? Yep. Stroke too? Yep. But given that you are not going to live forever which one kills you is only a matter of personal preference. You may be able to avoid one of them ... but not all of them.
That is substantially different from the risks associated with drinking water, or alcoholism, or cigarettes which are wholly avoidable.
- you didn't click the link, did you. bobbapink 04/3 19:35 (4)
- Re: you didn't click the link, did you. DA Morgan 05/3 19:02 (0)
- Re: Why should he read it? He knows what he thinks. Dale 05/3 09:36 (1)
- MASS Amaranth Rose 05/3 13:47 (0)
- Oops! Actually they did kind of ban it bobbapink 04/3 19:55 (0)
Post a Followup