Vintage US Antarctic Research Program (USARP) Patch- Historical Antarctica Patch For Sale
Vintage US Antarctic Research Program (USARP) Patch- Historical Antarctica Patch:
US Antarctic Research Program Parka Patch - Historical Vintage Design
TheUnited States Antarctic Program (USAP)wasn\'t always known by its\' current four-letter acronym. From the International Geophysical Year in 1959 through approximately 1986/\'87, the program was referred to as theUnited States Antarctic Research Program, or \"USARP\". The program\'s logo and official patch, while similar to the current iconic USAP patch design, was slightly smaller than the modern patch and colored blue instead of red.
The patch features the outline of Antarctica with the meridians converging at the Geographic South Pole, with the lettering “United States Antarctic Research Program – National Science Foundation”. The design features a converging group of lines of latitude and longitude that resembles a ship\'s wheel (possibly in reference to the US Navy, which supported Operation Deep Freeze in Antarctica from 1955 through their replacement by the Air National Guard in 1998).
This patch, which has been out of production for decades, is a faithful reproduction based on the patch from a 50-year-old vintage USARP parka found in storage in the Antarctic.
This beautiful, historical patch can be a great conversation piece for Antarctic enthusiasts, a morale patch for science enthusiasts, or a vivid addition to a parka, jacket, backpack, or vest. The patch features 100% embroidery, a sturdy merrowed edge, and an iron-on backing to easily add a touch of the Ice to your outfit!
- 🇦🇶 VINTAGE STYLE US ANTARCTIC RESEARCH PROGRAM PATCH - This large 3.5\'\' patch features the logo of the United States Antarctic Research Program (USARP) logo, the historical name of USAP, an outline of the Antarctic continent with meridians resembling a ship\'s wheel converging on the South Pole
- 🌏 100% AUTHENTIC TO ORIGINAL - This patch is an identically faithful reproduction of the logo used by the United States\' Antarctic Research Program from 1959 through the 1980s, designed from a 50-year old vintage Antarctic parka
- 🍁 HISTORICAL PARKA PATCH DESIGN - The USAP logo design that replaced this patch was the original inspiration behind the popular \"Canada Goose Arctic Program\" logo, as seen on Canada Goose parkas everywhere
- 🏆 HIGH QUALITY EMBROIDERED PATCH - This 3.5\'\' diameter patch features 100% embroidery, a sturdy merrowed border, and an easy iron-on backing
- ❄️ PERFECT FOR ANTARCTIC ENTHUSIASTS - Whether you\'re an experienced Antarctic veteran or a fan of \"The Ice\", this patch is a real piece of Antarctic history perfect for adding to a parka, jacket, vest or backpack