NASA MSFC SPACE SHUTTLE 41D SOLAR ARRAY CELL/OAST-1 FILM/PHOTO/SCRIPT-ISS&HUBBLE For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
NASA MSFC SPACE SHUTTLE 41D SOLAR ARRAY CELL/OAST-1 FILM/PHOTO/SCRIPT-ISS&HUBBLE:
This recent find comes from Estate of Retired Military Officer and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center Aerospace Engineer/Physicist who worked on many projects including Mercury and Apollo missions through Space Shuttle missions that laid the groundwork for the International Space Station and later played a critical role in the development and launch of the Hubble Space Telescope, including Mission Control - Most importantly Mr. Young (Previous owner) was the Inventor and holds patent on the Solar-Array system that powers Hubble, Freedom and the "ISS" International Space Station. Listing includes a collection of items from 1984-1987 relating to STS-41D OAST-1 including the following:
- FILM of STS-41D OAST-1 SOLAR ARRAY FLIGHT EXPERIMENT with running time 10:52 - Serial Number MSFC84-468
- Original NASA MSFC Routing Slip inner office Request for the Film and Report
- PRODUCTION SCRIPT -SAFE (SOLAR ARRAY FLIGHT EXPERIMENT - With Judith Resnick inserts on deployment)- handwritten notations also throughout the script
- 2 Solar Array Blanket Cells (part of the blanket)
- NASA MSFC 1ST GEN ONBOARD PHOTO of STS-41D OAST-1 DEPLOYMENT with purple ink stamp details and on "THIS PAPER MANUFACTURED BY KODAK"
- NASA OAST-1 Booklet
- Post Mission Debriefing
- 1987 NASA TECHNICAL PAPER by Mr. Young "Solar Array Flight Experiment/Dynamic Augmentation Experiment" - 62 pages