Re: Einstein and relativity
Posted by DA Morgan on Jul 05, 2002 at 02:02
Re: Einstein and relativity (ScienceFan)
The link should rename itself to www.sourgrapes.com. To me it is a load of rubbish.
The fact that someone may have written something years before is meaningless. By that criterion it could be claimed that the ancient Greeks discovered the atom: And they didn't.
Discovery has a far higher bar to climb over than that of idle speculation. And what Einstein contributed was a mathematical framework and predictions of how the theory could be tested.
Now if you wish to disparage Albert then there a far better way to do it and one far more likely rooted in reality. There is quite a bit of speculation that the genius in the family was, in fact, his wife.
- Re: Einstein and relativity mara 05/7 12:30 (11)
- Re: Einstein and relativity DA Morgan 05/7 15:06 (10)
- Re: Einstein and relativity mara 17/7 11:16 (8)
- Re: Einstein and relativity DA Morgan 17/7 11:24 (7)
- Re: Einstein and relativity mara 18/7 12:07 (1)
- Re: Einstein and relativity ScienceFan 18/7 11:09 (4)
- Re: Einstein and relativity ScienceFan 08/7 12:42 (0)
Post a Followup