Re: Global Warming
Posted by DA Morgan on May 07, 2002 at 12:08
Re: Global Warming (Southern Man)
I have been unable to find a web site I can direct you to but think of it this way.
When you see a statement such as "If the entire pacific ocean were 1cm higher", that is an average not a statement of literal fact. The oceans bulge and tides move huge quantities of water. When that water reaches shallower areas it build up to form surf and waves. So an increase of one centimeter might translate into waves pounding two feet higher up the beach, might translate into salt water invading fresh water marshes and lowlands, and might wipe out huge areas of coastal flood plains such as much of the country of Bangladesh.
My numbers above are examples off the top of my head. I will try to come up with something concrete and post it.
- Re: Global Warming Southern Man 08/5 08:21 (13)
- Re: Global Warming DA Morgan 08/5 13:04 (12)
- Re: Global Warming Southern Man 09/5 08:32 (11)
- Re: Global Warming DA Morgan 09/5 14:04 (10)
- Re: Global Warming Southern Man 10/5 11:09 (9)
- Re: Global Warming DA Morgan 10/5 11:12 (8)
- Re: Global Warming Southern Man 11/5 09:09 (7)
- Re: Global Warming DA Morgan 13/5 13:20 (6)
Post a Followup