Posted by DA Morgan on May 06, 2002 at 17:57
Maybe it is just some weird perverse attraction to fact that I have because I teach at a university. But I am a firm believer that truth is never found on the left, or the right, side of any issue. That it is found somewhere in the center.
Therefore while I may pay attention to the attitudes and public relations hyperbole of each side I form my opinions based on that which is peer reviewed and that which reflects the general consensus of scientific experts on a subject. Sort of like taking legal advice from an attorney and medical advice from a physician.
So since everyone wants to beat global warming up with either hearsay or PR pronouncements from the left (Green Peace) or the right (Cato) I thought I would post some links that didn't come from a .com or .org domain.
Try these on for size and see how they fit.
last updated 3/26/2002 under the direction of George W. Bush's appointee so it is too late for Clinton bashing.
US Dept. of Energy
San Francisco State University
And there are plenty more where they came from.
The point is not to look for opinions that agree with yours ... but rather to look for opinions based on not just data, but an understanding of how to interpret the data. Understanding the data, its stengths and its weaknesses, is what turns data into information (they are not too different words for the same thing).
- Re: Global Warming bobbapink 06/5 19:25 (16)
- Re: Global Warming DA Morgan 07/5 12:01 (15)
- Re: Global Warming George 07/5 15:08 (14)
- Re: Global Warming DA Morgan 07/5 15:14 (13)
- Re: Global Warming George 07/5 15:43 (12)
- Re: Global Warming Southern Man 09/5 09:01 (4)
- Re: Global Warming KB 07/5 15:52 (6)
- Re: Global Warming Amaranth Rose 07/5 16:48 (5)
Post a Followup