Posted by DA Morgan on Mar 26, 2002 at 11:16
Its been awhile since we've thrown some gasoline and matches to the circular-logic crowd so ....
Digging deep into their reproductive machinery, scientists have found startling evidence that broad classes of viruses - including those that harbor the agents that cause such diverse ailments as AIDS, the common cold and hepatitis - share functional traits that suggest they all evolved from a common ancestor.
The discovery, reported in the journal Molecular Cell, unexpectedly unites half of virology, linking large groups of viruses long thought to be functionally and evolutionarily distinct. The finding could well speed the search for vaccines and treatments for a wide range of virus-related ailments that plague both people and animals.
For more ... Click Here .
- Re: Evolution Andy™ 30/3 10:47 (0)
- thanks for the bone... anyman 27/3 08:32 (10)
- Re: thanks for the bone... DA Morgan 27/3 15:42 (9)
- Re: thanks for the bone... asdf 29/3 02:04 (8)
- Re: thanks for the bone... mara 01/4 23:36 (0)
- Re: thanks for the bone... DA Morgan 29/3 05:45 (6)
- Re: Evolution dogrock 26/3 18:49 (2)
Post a Followup