Looking for a word...
Posted by Natalie L. Smith on Mar 07, 2002 at 11:52
I think there is a word that is eluding me. The amplitude of a wave expresses the magnitude of the _______ of the wave. For example, take a pressure wave. The pressure varies and the amplitude of the wave at any point x would be the pressure of the medium at that point. Therefore, we would say that pressure is the "__________" of that wave. For any wave of varying value, there must be a term used for the parameter being measured/expressed. So, for a light wave we would say that the electric/magnetic field strength is the "___________" of a light wave. I KNOW there must be a specific term, but it just won't come to me. Help!
- Re: Looking for a [single] word...or maybe more than one. bobbapink 07/3 14:34 (4)
- Re: Looking for a [single] word...or maybe more than one. Natalie L. Smith 07/3 15:17 (3)
- Re: Looking for a [single] word...or maybe more than one. Natalie L. Smith 07/3 21:20 (2)
- Re: Looking for a word... Amaranth Rose 07/3 13:26 (2)
- Re: Keep looking because this isn't it... Dale 07/3 12:04 (1)
- Gee, Dale, good pic! -- What happened to your left ear? LOL! (nt) Sparrow 07/3 21:40 (0)
Post a Followup