Looking for a word...

Posted by Natalie L. Smith on Mar 07, 2002 at 11:52

I think there is a word that is eluding me. The amplitude of a wave expresses the magnitude of the _______ of the wave. For example, take a pressure wave. The pressure varies and the amplitude of the wave at any point x would be the pressure of the medium at that point. Therefore, we would say that pressure is the "__________" of that wave. For any wave of varying value, there must be a term used for the parameter being measured/expressed. So, for a light wave we would say that the electric/magnetic field strength is the "___________" of a light wave. I KNOW there must be a specific term, but it just won't come to me. Help!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup



[ Forum ] [ New Message ]