Speaking of Linguistics
Posted by bobbapink on Dec 28, 2001 at 13:59
Re: I'll be damned! Linear B! Redux (Eudaemonic Pie)
Here's a sample but what you see will be different
Neopatriarchial discourse in the works of Smith
Department of English, Carnegie-Mellon University
John E. Prinn
Department of English, University of Michigan
1. Lyotardist narrative and constructivist deconstruction
"Culture is fundamentally meaningless," says Baudrillard. Lyotard suggests the use of constructivist deconstruction to attack and analyse class.
However, the example of subtextual rationalism intrinsic to Smith's Chasing Amy emerges again in Mallrats. The premise of neopatriarchial discourse holds that the State is unattainable, but only if Derrida's model of the cultural paradigm of narrative is valid; otherwise, the raison d'etre of the observer is significant form.
In a sense, the characteristic theme of the works of Smith is the common ground between society and sexual identity. Marx uses the term 'semantic discourse' to denote a mythopoetical whole.
2. Discourses of paradigm
If one examines constructivist deconstruction, one is faced with a choice: either accept neopatriarchial discourse or conclude that sexuality is used to entrench the status quo. Thus, the main theme of la Tournier's analysis of constructivist deconstruction is not dematerialism as such, but subdematerialism. The subject is interpolated into a cultural paradigm of narrative that includes consciousness as a paradox.
However, many situationisms concerning postconceptualist libertarianism may be discovered. If the cultural paradigm of narrative holds, we have to choose between the textual paradigm of discourse and subsemantic nationalism.
But Debord promotes the use of neopatriarchial discourse to challenge hierarchy. Hamburger states that we have to choose between constructivist deconstruction and Baudrillardist simulation. Thus, the primary theme of the works of Smith is the genre of capitalist class. The subject is contextualised into a subdeconstructive
- On Second Thought – Bobba this is Difficult Stuff Eudaemonic Pie 28/12 23:50 (5)
- in case you didn't notice bobbapink 29/12 08:41 (4)
- Yes [program halt], No [program halt] .. (aka? -- she loves me, she loves me not .. Amaranth you stinker!) Eudaemonic Pie 29/12 13:35 (3)
- Re: Yes [program halt], No [program halt] .. (aka? -- she loves me, she loves me not .. Amaranth you stinker!) mara 02/1 13:06 (0)
- Re: Yes [program halt], No [program halt] .. (aka? -- she loves me, she loves me not .. Amaranth you stinker!) mara 02/1 12:56 (1)
- Bobba, knock this crap off .. Lyotard in Pink Floyd tights .. Eudeamonic Pie 28/12 14:04 (0)
Post a Followup