Interesting and stimulating response, Orac.

Assuming you are a physicist, I will interject some comments of my own, in [brackets] and within your comments:

Originally Posted By: Orac
There are a number of views lets look at them. GR [By using GR, I assume you mean general relativity, right?] Perspective:

From a modern science and GR--general relative--perspective, space and time can't be separated [This, in my opinion, is a GOD-like quale, or quality. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia] to do so will lead you to anomalies. [Note: I put a period.] The correct term from Einstein perspective is to talk about spacetime.

[Orac, Einstein was, in my opinion, a unitheist. So was Spinoza.

A unitheist (I put this word in Wikipedia), or panentheist (also see Wikipedia).

What is clear is this. Neither Spinoza nor Einstein thought of 'god' as an objective being--a 'god' with dimensions.

A 'god' with dimensions is an idol, a work of art, which can be a symbol for good, or evil. To get beyond this limited and simplistic way of thinking is why I use the acronym, GOD, not the noun, God.

By the way, Orac, I assume that you are a physicist.

As such do you acknowledge that there is more to existence than that which we call measurable material? Do you give much thought to philosophy, to theology and the like?
You go on
]:

It is a loaf of bread which exists here and now for all space and all time how you slice it sections your view.

[OK, by saying this, it seems to me that you think and feel, as do I: We are human (spiritual) beings who are continuously creating the reality we have. If so, what a wonderful opportunity there is for us to create what we will have--the future. If this is so, this means that each of us is a GOD-like son or daughter of GOD. Meaning no disrespect to well-trained dogs I add:If we want to be DOG-like beings (dominating, diabolic, over-bearing and growling grinch-like beings we are free to make that choice..

Of course, we are also free--within the laws of nature--to destroy the earth and turn it into the kind of jungle--ruled by the laws of the jungle--that perhaps it was billions of years ago, especially when it was what scientists call pangea--long before the time of air-breathing land creatures. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea

Or--again within the laws of nature as we understand them--it could over time--much time of course--become more and more of a mixture of jungle and desert--one unfriendly to air-breathing creatures like us.

THE OPTION I CHOOSE
Or, we also have the option to make it into, not only "a thing of beauty and a joy forever" (Keats) but a beautiful space-ship earth from which our descendants will continue to explore the planets and beyond. When my wife and I were both 39 (1969) we had the privilege of seeing the live TV broadcast of the moon-landing when the astronautic, Neil Armstrong took that first giant step for humanity
]

It begins at some inflationary point and ends ???? we don't know.

Conceptually the problem becomes that of freedom of choice if all space and all time is already defined then all fate is set in stone.

Enter Quantum mechanics:

Quantum mechanics exists only in time space does not exist for it. You entangle two particles does not matter how far you separate them they will respond because QM works in a world without space.

Modern thinking is: this is important because light has a Quantum side to it even though GR specifies that spacetime exists QM will tell you the nature of light can be changed as required across the spacetime loaf. Thus QM ensure freedom of choice even though the fabric is set. Wheeler's delayed choice quantum erasure experiment done on photons leaving a star billions of years ago means an observation now can reach back billions of years which if you think about it is astounding (http://www.bottomlayer.com/bottom/basic_delayed_choice.htm).

"Our Personal view [Do you mean your personal view?] :

As a number of people above commented we don't see the world as science does we see it as sensory input.

The world is definitely a solid 3D construct and time progresses from second to second and we know what is behind us but not what is in front.

If you notice all three views are at odds with each other and that in a nutshell is why there is problems.

For revlgking where does GOD fit in ... wherever a person wants it to fit in. Science is about the study of physical observation and facts and if a divine body exists they can make and break whatever science they want.

Hence religion lies outside science as even our personal view is somewhat outside science which is causing us so much angst.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org