PROSTATE. Because of my age, 78, for some time now I have been interested in looking at information about this interesting part of the male anatomy. The following is a start.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_cancer
Quote:
... Prostate cancer develops most frequently in men over fifty. This cancer can occur only in men, as the prostate is exclusively of the male reproductive tract.

It is the most common type of cancer in men in the United States, where it is responsible for more male deaths than any other cancer, except lung cancer.
In the UK it is also the second most common cause of cancer death after lung cancer. Around 35,000 men in the UK are diagnosed per year; where around 10,000 die of it.

However, many men who develop prostate cancer never have symptoms, undergo no therapy, and eventually die of other causes. That is because malignant neoplasms of the prostate are, in most cases, slow-growing, and because most of those affected are over 60. Hence they often die of causes unrelated to the prostate cancer, such as heart/circulatory disease, pneumonia, other unconnected cancers, or old age....

Recently, as part of a regular check-up I was diagnosed as having a high PSA. Then I had a needle biopsy. Cancer was found.

Then I had two further tests to see if it had spread. I had a bone scan and a scan of the glands in the pelvic area. I am happy to report that, at this point, I am among the fortunate.

BTW, I also feel that I will be led to have further consultations with the kind of experts, worthy of respect, as to what to do next. I have the feeling that I will be led to the experts I need. Furthermore, I will be guided to make the appropriate and necessary choices. As time goes by, we'll see what those choices will be.

I am under no illusion that I will live forever, at least not in this form. Physically speaking, I accept that I live is a very physical and vulnerable form.

Do I want to live forever?

Yes, but not in this present and physical form.

Now, take a look at what Dr. Machio Kaku says about the possible forms which are out there.

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/mkaku.htm

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/31/08 09:10 PM.