The Verses in Matthew are comparing the Spiritual pathway to heaven (For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.) to the surrender of egoic attachments to their rightful place, as in " Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
The accumulation of deeds is not money and it has nothing to do with lending money at interest. It has everything to do with the accumulation of spiritual Karma and the interest paid back by living a spiritual life rather than by accumulating material wealth or isolation and greed.

Jesus did use language that was very direct and even harsh sounding but he was never engulfed or consumed by rage nor pompous enough to lower truth to sarcasm.

You may remember scripture, definitions of words according to the books you have read, but you are just like the pharisees and priests of old who Jesus reprimanded for parroting words without having complete understanding of their content and had more of an interest in drawing attention to themselves to boost their self importance and purpose.

By the way Truth being self evident has nothing to do with self interpretation of truth and mixed ideas.
The roads may lead in a general direction towards a destination but... Not all interpretations reflect reality.
We know this from the many religious interpretations of scripture of the past. Obviously the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades did not reflect true compassion, nor the direct approach of Jesus when he spelled out the pitfalls of ignorance, and ego.
What feels good ain't always good for you.

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 07/11/08 02:01 AM.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!